Arizona has a unique desert environment with many unwanted pests that can invade your home. Northwest’s “Desert Guard” is a distinctive integrated pest management program designed to combat these unwanted invaders.
The Desert Guard service is a combination of sealing the entry points and installing physical barriers to limit pest activity and pest harborages around your home. By focusing on targeted areas around the home, Desert Guard can substantially limit the amount of pest activity, harborage and physical entry into the home.
Common Rodent Entry & Harborage Locations
Desert Guard Process
- Northwest Exterminating will perform a thorough inspection of the home. Inspecting the structure’s perimeter base, roof, eaves, entries, windows, vents, exterior protrusions, and any possible gap or opening will identify pest harborage areas and entry points.
- We will determine the materials needed for your home. Materials may include caulking, weather stripping, expanding cloth, netting, screening, and other hardware materials depending upon the type of building design and construction of your home.
- We will install the materials. The installation process requires specialized technicians to access the home’s exterior including roof, yards, the perimeter and several interior areas including windows, attic and garage. After the installation is complete, a quality assurance inspection is preformed to verify the integrity of workmanship.
- The materials provided are intended to be long-term physical deterrents to stop unwanted pests. Our Desert Guard materials are backed by a one-year warranty for replacement and labor.
RODENT SERVICES SOLUTIONS
Why Rodent Control In Tucson?
Rodents can leave clues about their presence without ever being seen. Droppings, urine stains, rub marks, and dens are signs a problem is stirring. Potential health risks and structural damage can be of concern to home and business owners. Northwest Exterminating offers intensive and ongoing eco-friendly rodent solutions
- Trapping: Inspecting a property can uncover entry points, pathways, feeding and harborage sites, and level of activity. Technicians place traps and monitor activity to remove captured rodents.
- Den or Harborage Removal: Thermo-detection devices may be necessary to find rodents inside attics, crawl spaces and walls. For rodents outside the home, the service specialist will remove the den, sanitize the area and/ or clear the landscaping of all rodent evidence.
- Baiting Maintenance Programs: Rodenticide bait stations with locking mechanisms are a widely used treatment in reducing or eliminating rodent populations in the desert environment. Our technician determines the best placement of bait stations and maintains records of your account for tracking.
BIRD CONTROL SOLUTIONS
Bird Inspection Process
- Assess the situation – A thorough inspection of the site determines bird pressure, needs, and expectations
- Reduce Bird Population – Trapping and removing bird populations increase the likelihood of success
- Sanitize the Area – Removal of debris and cleaning the area minimizes health risks
- Install Long-term Physical Deterrents – The best products and materials are used to ensure re-infestation does not occur with special attention to aesthetics.
Damage caused by pest birds
- Damage to structures – Bird droppings are acidic, eating away common construction materials.
- Fire hazard – Flammable nesting materials include straw, twigs and dried droppings
- Damage to ventilation systems – Nesting materials block air flow and spread airborne disease.
Disease caused by pest birds
- Infectious diseases – Birds spread disease through their filthy habits. Nesting debris can contain bacteria, viruses, fungus and parasitic pests.
- Examples – Encephalitis, Meningitis, Histoplasmosis, Psittacosis, Salmonella, West Nile Virus, and much more
- Causes – Inhalation of fecal dust, contact with droppings, contamination of food or water source, parasites related to bird activity.